Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Golden 2018

...and here is a girlie graduation card:


  • The background polka dot paper was pre-cut on my scrap box. Don't recall who designed it.
  • The circle was cut from some rad vellum packaging using a die that Autumn sent (thanks!)
  • The numbers are by HLS, and Autumn also sent those to me! Thanks! I hear focused them using the Gold Tinsel from the Letter It pack.
  • I added sequins from designer packs... packaging long gone.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere them.
  • I mounted the whole thing to some nice parchment that seems to match the  vellum well.
I'd like to share this at the following challenges:

2018 #GOALS

Here's one for the graduating class (stand by... I made 5 grad cards today... let's see how many I can post before I fall asleep):


  • The black cardstock was from my scrap box.  I stamped it with HLS number stamps (from Autumn, thanks!) with the Letter It embossing ink then embossed with Silver Tinsel EP from the Ranger Letter It pack.
  • The corners of the black panel were cut with a Fiskars punch
  • The green cardstock is the reverse from some DCWV patterned paper.
  • #GOALS stamp is by Stampabilities, inked and embossed like the 2018
  • The silver panel behind the green it's actually from some packaging that I saved. 
That's it for this one!

I'd like to share this at City Crafter for their Graduation challenge.

Doggie sympathy

Made this for a coworker who lost his Jack Russel at age 15:

  • Inexpensive watercolor paper cut 1/2" smaller than the kraft card
  • Diecut flowers by Tim Holtz, cut from Tim Holtz paper then adhered with Distress Collage Medium in matte
  • Doggie paws from a generic stamp set stamped with Perfect Pearls medium and dusted with Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold 
  • Pink vintage ribbon... she was a girl-dog so it added a nice touch...
I'd like to share this at:

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

SOS: ...April showers...

This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are singing the same ol' song: April Showers Bring May Flowers! How does that strike ya? Flowers?  Showers?

This is what I made:

I had to show the full view of the card  on the wall :) 


  • Distress tag inked with Antique Linen DI and sprayed with a mix of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls
  • The flowered paper is from a Tim Holtz pad, and this is my fave paper of all Tim Holtz papers and I have hoarded it for sure, cut to size and stitched around the edge.
  • I roughed up the edges with a Making Memories edger then sprayed it with Heirloom Gold spray
  • The grey flowers were cut with my newest flower die set (by Tim Holtz, surprise, surprise...), but with more Tim Holtz paper.  These were actually cut before I started this project by using up a scrap of paper from THIS project.  The flowers were just sitting on my desk.  I would not have normally chosen grey, but it worked!
  • Yellow flowers by Prima from Tuesday Morning probably 2 years ago-- definitely using these sparingly... happy with the way they look here.
  • Tim's Quotations stickers cut apart for the sentiment.
  • The string is yellow hemp from Hand Made Modern by Target.
See you guys over at SOS with your April Showers Bring May Flowers project!

Saturday, May 19, 2018

SOSS Guestie!

Happy to have been crowned Queen of Snark for THIS project, and The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers has invited me to be their guest for this fortnight's challenge!

...and here is my little creation:

See the little dots?

  • The main background is a 4x6" piece of Canson Mix Media paper
  • Jane Davenport Mermaid Marker in Jellyfish used for the sentiment, later dotted with a generic metallic-black gel pen from Costco
  • Andrea Ockey-Parr's stitch stamps used, inked with Distress Mix Media ink in Hickory Smoke
  • Iced Spruce Distress Stain squeezed onto my mat and kind of painted on loosely for the inky look.
  • The chipboard gal is from a Melody Ross set from years ago (probably 5 or 6 years ago...)
  • The background paper is from one of Tim Holtz's pads.  I added a little Black Soot DI to the edges.
Thanks for having me, SOSS!  Look forward to seeing everyone's inky stuff!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

SOS: For the kids!

This week at my favorite challenge blog, Shopping Our Stash, I am you hostess and I chose the challenge "For the kids!" 

As I am posting this, I see that this card doesn't necessarily have to go to a child, but it will go to one of my children this summer at camp!  It is summery and bright.

  • Amy Tangerine lemon paper bought on a 6x6" pad last year, I believe
  • The "Love you" card was cut from a DCWV Watercolor pad that is approximately 2 years old... this was cut moons ago from one of those pages of 3x4" cards
  • I mounted the "Love you" on some pink construction paper that I stashed from textbook packing... like, I can't get rid of any paper I deem "good"!  I used some of it to punch the heart with a Fiskars punch as well.
  • I popped up the "Love you" with 3M dimensional tape
  • The white scalloped square came from a kit my kids had
  • The gold trim is by Martha Stewart circa 2013
  • For the final touch, I punched the top corner with a Fiskars punch
This was awesome because I used a ton of stash.  I hope to make a couple more just like it to burn up more stash!  Join me!  Make a card for a kid!

See you at Shopping Our Stash!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Mad with the insanity of books

This is fun, though it really needs the right recipient:


  • This is a catalog card coated with Finnabair's crackle paste through Tiim's Typo stencil
  • The card was then coated with Distress Stain in Aged Mahogany
  • DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush rubbed over parts of the card
  • Black Liquitex gesso dragged along the edges
  • Gold thread from stash added behind Tim's photobooth friend, who was treated with a avriety of aging techniques
  • The quote was cut from an old book and adhered with Distress Collage Medium in Matte.
I'd like to share this at the following challenges: