Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Card Lovers... Dutch

Here is my entry for Dutch Card Lovers, challenge #244:


This is their sketch:


Supplies & notes:
  • This was one of those projects that came together in a miraculous instant: I had the new stamp from Hero Arts, already inked with MementoLuxe and fussy-cut, and I was like,  "I can use her as the vertical element for the Dutch challenge!" Boom. 
  • I masked off four horizontal stripes and decided to use a Heidi Swapp stencil with Teresa Collins modeling paste over it. I guess I could have given the four horizontal elements more definition, but alas: it's art...
  • Initially,  I used the following Distress Paints with sub-par results: Peeled Paint,  Antique Linen,  and Bundled Sage. So I said,  "Forget that," and got nasty with the following Distress Stains: Antique Pewter, Broken China,  Spiced Marmalade, and Peeled Paint.  Oh, then I sprayed it with Distress Spray Paint in Picket Fence. 
  • I painted Kelly Jo (I named her after one of my besties, who she looks like) with the stains I had out. 
  • The sentiment came up as I was texting the real Kelly Jo, who corrected me after I said I named the stamp simply "Kelly"... see what you get?  

7 comments:

  1. This looks like you had a blast creating it! I so love the inks you ended up using and the kitschy vibe of this entire piece! Coolness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't happy accidents well, happy! Hehe! Wonderful card and I am diggin the retro feel of it. Kelly Jo turned out fantabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great take on the sketch love your card but I'm sorry it had to be a Christmas card. Thanks for joining us over at Dutch Card Lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very artsy card! It's a beautiful take as Anja says, but not a Chritsmas card. Hope you'll join us again at DCL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your splish, splosh, splash technique is so cool! This card is so different from what I would create, and I love its style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh I love it! Great style! Thank you for joining the DCL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us over at Dutch Card Lovers.

    ReplyDelete