Sunday, December 6, 2015

HLS: December sketch

Here's my offering for Happy Little Stampers December Sketch Challenge:



This is the original sketch:
Supplies:

  • I was inspired by everyone's faux-stitching on their circles, and based on that,  I think,  I decided I'd stitch my own circle out of my fave yarn
  • The holly leaves were cut from Core'dinations DP by Tim Holtz... shattered kraft-core. I folded them and edged them with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain 
  • The berries are just Elmer's Craft Bond with Distress glitter in Festive Berries. (This is only the second Distress glitter I own, and for this project,  this color has more pink undertones than I imagined. Maybe I needed more of the Barn Door?)
  • I par-melted some Stampendous Aged Gold frantage,  and even used a little for the old sentiment  (which I think is also Stampendous... this stamp is so old it has yellowed...)
  • I rounded the corners with a Fiskars punch and edged it all with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain 

3 comments:

  1. Love the texture on this CAS card! A great use of the December sketch too!! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers December sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coating of the per which really makes it look aged. Wow. This is one of my favorite creations of yours. There's so little on here, but this design is so impressive in all its simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers Sketch challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete