Thursday, December 31, 2015

Stamps & Stencils... my first!

OMG... I totally though I would be crafting through the holidays!  Yeah, right!  Ain't nobody got time for that!

So, I occasionally mention that my hubs is building me a scrap-shack.  Well, it is all buttoned-up and heated!  It takes a while to warm up, but once it's toasty, it's comfortable. (I am one of those people who keeps the windows rolled-up in 100-degree heat, then turns on the seat warmers-- I LOVE the heat.)  Well, the shack is not insulated yet. That'll be the next big phase.  But with a Disney trip looming and xmas behind, insulation will come this spring.

Anyway, I'll post pix of the shack soon.  Some of you might really love it-- I think it's pretty awesome, and I feel pretty lucky!  Today I got out to the shack and actually crafted!  (I've spent a bunch of time just organizing).  This is my little creation for Stamps and Stencils: Grungy Xmas:





Shout out to my blog-friend Autumn who is now on their design team!  She's so nice and enthusiastic... she'd be a great addition to any team.

Supplies:
  • The striped paper was from my scrap bin-- BG?  I'm pretty sure it was... wish I had more...
  • Core'dinations cardstock in dark grey
  • Black hemp from Michael's a couple years ago
  • Walnut Stain Distress Paint
  • Black Soot and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
  • Color Box Chalk in Creamy Brown
  • Generic sequins from some trim I just bought at Target
  • Stamp from Inkadinkado
  • Handmade Modern canvas shapes from Target-- these were on clearance after xmas and they ROCK!  All of you: if you have a Target nearby, hurry up and go buy this pack.  The only thing I don't like is that they were not made in America.  
Blame the lengthy blog on the fact that the on;y adult I've really talked to in days is my hubs, and I try not to yak at him about crafts toooo much... And this is the first post from my new laptop!  I've been blogging from my phone and tablet. Whee!

And since the time I took this pic, I attached this tag to a bottle of Champagne and left it at my homegirl Susan's. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well lucky Susan and lucky Stanps and Stencils!!! Mimi I love this fab tag with the best paper ever - old school BG!!! Oh how I wish they would get whoever their old designer was back and do it right again... Nothing else compares! The canvas shapes are so snazzy, what a score!!! Listen I have a cuttle bug I would love to give you if you need a die machine. <3. Can't remember if you said you didn't have one... Anyway, so happy for your shack and hope you stay nice and toasty. Cannot wait to see it! I just know I will love it as I feel we are kindred spirits. I think that is the sweetest thing a hubby could ever do! Big hugs and thanks again for joining us at S&S (oh and for this super sweet shoutout).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously grungy and just as I like it! Can I borrow your hubs please??!! Thanks for playing along with my final challenge at Stamps & Stencils. Julia x

    ReplyDelete