Sunday, December 6, 2015

Three Little Birds...

Awww, I've had the Bob Marley song in my head since a group of Kinders was in the library and the teacher had them softly singing it... talk about angels singing.

Here's my little creation:



I plan to enter this into the current HLS Mixed Media Challenge, as well as the current Mixed Media World Challenge, #9, both of which are Anything Goes.

Supplies:

  • Library card base, pre-splattered from another project with Vintage Photo Distress Stain 
  • Used Teresa Collins modeling paste over a Heidi Swapp stencil for the triangles, then, once dry, laid it into some Aged Mahogany Distress Stain and some Spiced Marmalade, along with a scant amount of  water. I pulled it out without really over-working it (as I sometimes do...), and I sopped-up the remaining ink on the mat with some vintage seam binding.  Mmmm, yummy.
  • Sat and watched it dry.
  • Just kidding... I used a heat tool because I'm hella impatient. 
  • I tied a quick bow and glued it on,  then the project sat for 48 hours... with me regularly messing with it.  I had two main ideas. 
  • Ultimately, I painted the birds from Heartwarming Vintage with Ranger crackle accents, then framed them with a truly vintage tag frame (I pried a handful of these beautiful brass guys of of an old shelf from the millyard jink pile.) The brads are Recollections. 
I hope you guys love this as much as I do. I think it looks totally cool. Makes me feel happy.

7 comments:

  1. One of my favorites yet, Mimi! This is so dang cool! I love the stenciling and the touch of ink, just gorgeous! And the birds are truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been very adventurous when it comes to mixed media style. Nor have I made many tags.
    Maybe I could combine the two, like you did, to get practise. I do like this splish, splosh, splash style...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way the birds are framed! Gorgeous colours too - great to see the matching seam binding. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag. Love the colors and the birds are precious. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mixed Media World.

    With smiles
    Laine K
    MMW Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag. Love the colors and the birds are precious. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mixed Media World.

    With smiles
    Laine K
    MMW Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous and creative tag! I love the crackles bird image and the died seam binding is a fabulous finishing touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag ...... great little image. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete