Friday, July 15, 2016

Throwdowns and Sharing Joy... a day in the life...

Here is a card (well, actually two) made for Color Throwdown #401:



Initially I was really afraid of the palette, but necessity is the mother of creation, and I needed to make cards for the local bookstore, so I threw myself right in!  Here's that palette:


Supplies and notes:
  • Aged Mahogany, Tea Dye, Seedless Preserves, and Worn Lipstick DIs
  • I tore a paper in half and taped them down over the card(s) to define the area to be inked
  • I did a little spritzing, and a little drippy-drop of extra ink (DI on the craft mat with water)
  • I also added some Aged Bronze Distress Spray, sprayed on the mat first, then flicked with a paintbrush
  • Stamps are from Invoke Arts (Catrina) and 100 Proof Press (dancers)
  • I hand-lettered the sentiment with a Tombow brush marker... I'm getting better... This one,  I kinda scrawled out...
These cards also qualify for the single layer challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.

They are also stretched versions of the current Share Joy Challenge sketch, plus they are CAS!  Boom!  (I was the lucky random winner at Share Joy a few challenges ago, and after visiting the Taylored Expressions shop again I need to scrape up all kinds of $$$... I want many, many stamp sets, and NEED at least 3...)

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Thanks for playing along with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so cool, such unexpected image choices for this color combination, but I love that about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the masking and inking! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete