Tuesday, September 20, 2016

SOS: Angels and Fairies

The current challenge at Shopping Our Stash is...

Fairies and Angels

Shop YOUR stash and use what ya been hoarding to create something fabulous (sing "FAB-u-LUSSSSS")!

This is the Library Fairy house that came together from stashed items:







Now, I am neither a "fairy person" nor an "angel person," though I know some people are very into either of these things.  After creating two projects that I wasn't personally connected to, I decided, "Okay, I'm going to build a fairy house," and I went to "the box."  We *all* have "that" box with the most random items: old postage stamps, dowels, corn husks, foam rollers... sooo miscellaneous!  I should pull everything out of it and take a picture one day!

So anyway, this Library Fairy home was built of stashed treasures and I am so pleased with it!  The kids at school will dig it!

Supplies... everything used was at least a year old, up to 30 years old!:
  •  Library cards: all are Hans Christian Anderson catalogue cards!  Duh... the father of the fairy tale!
  • Hot glue as sole adhesive
  • Prima flowers (six years old?)
  • Moss, purchased
  • Alder branches from local trees (Alnus rubra, if you must know...)
  • Tiny flowers from The Paper Studio
  • Leaves cut from catalog cards and inked with Iced Spruce Distress Stain
So looking forward to seeing who are fairy people and who are angel people and who are tinker-fairies, like me!  LOL!  See you over at Shopping Our Stash!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Mimi, I bet that, if you put this sweet and beautiful Fairy House outside in a corner somewhere in your back yard and then, add some shiny stuff like a bit of gold paper, a bit of glitter dipped twigs, maybe some pencils stumps, twine and little pieces of a broken mirror, the Fairies will come.
    My granddaughters used to build Fairy houses in their "Club House" when they were little, I bought them a book about Fairy houses and they spent hours during the Summer playing. They used to come to my craft room in search of all of those shiny things because "the book says that is how you lure them, grandma", Oh sweet days!!
    Thank you for sharing this gorgeous work of love, for somebody that is "not a Fairy person" you sure know how to make Fairy stuff.
    I'm pinning your house to my Pinterest Fairy board, thank you!!
    Big Hugs to you, "Non Fairy Person".
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mimi, I bet that, if you put this sweet and beautiful Fairy House outside in a corner somewhere in your back yard and then, add some shiny stuff like a bit of gold paper, a bit of glitter dipped twigs, maybe some pencils stumps, twine and little pieces of a broken mirror, the Fairies will come.
    My granddaughters used to build Fairy houses in their "Club House" when they were little, I bought them a book about Fairy houses and they spent hours during the Summer playing. They used to come to my craft room in search of all of those shiny things because "the book says that is how you lure them, grandma", Oh sweet days!!
    Thank you for sharing this gorgeous work of love, for somebody that is "not a Fairy person" you sure know how to make Fairy stuff.
    I'm pinning your house to my Pinterest Fairy board, thank you!!
    Big Hugs to you, "Non Fairy Person".
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just going to say it: HOLY-MOLY! THIS FAIRY HOUSE IS UNBELIEVABLE! I'd be surprised if there wasn't a fairy already in it! Seriously, this is a beautiful project! Outstanding!! Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! This fairy house is SOOOOOOOO cool!!! Love all the detail you've added to it. And what a brilliant use of those Hans Christian Andersen catalog cards!! Perfect for your fairy house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your approach to this non favorite theme of yours. The flower roof is what makes this cute little house especially fairytale like, it's really cute and original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is adorably gorgeous. great use of your stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! MY! GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! this is sooooooo very cool! totally totally in the most emphatic case of project envy of my whole entire life. geeeeeeez you are AWESOME!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roof is adoreable Mimi woooww you nailed it even this not your fav theme...you are really creative..yes I tell it again and again but its truth..hugs..jump to ypur next post..♡♡

    ReplyDelete