Sunday, September 25, 2016

Wicked Wednesday #228

The current challenge at Wicked Wednesday is to use a diceut!



I conveniently had a craft meltdown Friday: I had plenty of time (which is rare), but I had very low inspiration, so I started cleaning and purging... I tore apart a bunch of cards I had worked on in the past and embossed the leftover panels, and I diecut tons of leaves and flowers from leftover spray sheets... it was a totally fruitful hour!  I ended up with some awesome embellishments and pieces I am excited to use.

Supplies:
  • Sizzix embossing folder (from Autumn at Sew-Paper-Paint, thanks!) used on a piece of a discarded card, then sprayed with Dylusions in London Blue, Lemon Zest, and Vibrant Turquoise, then cut down to ATC size
  • Frayed Burlap DI brushed lightly over the texture
  • The Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves leaf was one of the dicut sheets from my spray box.  It is a white oak leaf, possibly Quercus lobata!  I "painted" the back with Mod Podge then left an acrylic stamp block over it it hold it flat while it dried.
  • After that, I stamped one of Andrea's stamps (Blog and link to her store HERE) in Ranger Archival in Jet Black
  • I edged the entire thing with Black Soot DI and affixed the finger-crocheted yarn with Recollections brads.  
DONE!  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it WAS a productive day! A beautiful way to use those leftovers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! The leaf takes centre stage on this bright and cheeful ATC. Thank you for playing along with Wicked Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to tidy and get 'ready to use' items along the way. Today I've made 4 cards, that wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't had some ready made items in my stash, both for inspiration and saving time. Your little wall hanging is so colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete