Saturday, October 1, 2016

Dreamcatcher

Oooh... ahhh...

Check out the cool wood-grain-like texture.

OMG: indescribably beautiful shine!  LOL!

I had a vision for this dreamcatcher die since Pia (thank you!) sent it to me: bright, vibrant colors.  Actually, I originally envisioned it on a white background... so fortunately she sent two!

Supplies:
  • 7 Gypsies tag painted with black Liquitex gesso
  • DecoArt Metallic Lustres in Gold Rush and Brilliant Turquoise swiped on with my finger.  The ridges left from the gesso coat look almost like wood-grain... I can't even tell you: it was, like, hypnotizing to swipe it on.  So cool!  I will definitely be doing this again...
  • Dreamcatcher, as stated, was sent from my friend Pia.  I sprayed it with three Dylusions sprays and a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist the swiped some of the turquoise DecoArt Metallic Lustre over the embossed portions.
  • To finalize the dreaminess of the tag, I glued bits of mica by Stampendous across.
  • The twine was inked for another project using Adirondack Alcohol Inks
I guess that's it!  I thought over and over about adding a sentiment or a quote, but everything seemed so cheesy, and this is so cool!

I will share this at the following challenges:
See you around!

6 comments:

  1. Your tag is stunning! So different, yet so very rich looking! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    Hugs,
    Pam
    TT DT
    www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever take on this week's Feather, Fins & Fur theme - love it! Thank you for playing along with Wicked Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tag my friend, but it's not an ATC so I can't count it towards the challenge. But that dream catcher is awesome! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag my friend, but it's not an ATC so I can't count it towards the challenge. But that dream catcher is awesome! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colors! Fantastic sparkle and shine! Glad I sent you two. You need any more just let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa!!! this is awesome!!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete