Tuesday, July 4, 2017

SOS: Flag Day!

This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are celebrating our flags!  July 1st is Canada Day, and July 4th is Independence Day in the USA... show us the colors of your flag!

I knew just what (or should I say who) I wanted to include in my piece:
As soon as I saw the challenge title, I knew I wanted to include this flag bearer!  She is taking her duty seriously!





Supplies and notes:
  • Ranger tag base, purchased last summer
  • DOx in Faded Jeans and Walnut Stain blended over the card
  • My own mix of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls + water, then dipped a few time into the splats
  • Tim's Ledger Script stamp and the flag blueprint stamp inked with Vintage Photo from Tim's Mixed Media palette.  I rarely use the blueprint stamps... had to have them... seldom use them.  I really need to "shop my stash" and use that set more often.
  • Another stash item used on this are the straight-up Perfect Pearls.  I used the Perfect Medium through a Heidi Swapp star stencil, then blended the Blue Patina and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls across the top of the tag.
  • Glossy Accents was added to the stripes of the flag stamp and the bottom of the tag, then Festive Berries Distress Glitter added (yet another stash item that doesn't get used nearly enough)
  • Old seam binding from my stash... I'd been hoarding it since it's my last yard or so of navy... until I just found more navy at the thrift shop!  Yay!  So I can keep using it!  I wiped it in some DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush.  This didn't work great, but it's a nice subtle effect.
  • Tim's paper doll popped up on some 3M dimensional adhesive.  She's perfect on here!  I have to tell you guys: I really held out on buying these because I like to find my own people to cut out, but then I saw the packet in the store and was so impressed with the value for the price!  I mean, the pouch is just stuffed with diecut people!  I'd say well worth the money!
  • I used some ribbon from my stash for the top-- I knew I wanted a hanging apparatus, but I didn't want it to take away from the tag.
  • Red, white, and blue brads added from my stash last

Please join us!  Show us your patriotism, and if you need a little inspiration, visit the SOS challenge!

Let freedom ring!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute image, no wonder you wanted to use it, great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag teammie!
    Love the flag bearer!!
    Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mimi, I love this beautiful and vintage image of this little girl, she looks like my mother at that age, honest!!
    Beautiful tag adorned with all of those classic details that are so totally YOU!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! One of my favorite projects of yours! Everything is just so right on here, a blend of vintage and a touch of Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo much patriotic eye candy going on here! Love your tag!

    ReplyDelete