Monday, November 20, 2017

Neutral xmas

Hello-ho-ho...

It's that time of the year again... Where it's not "too early" anymore to make xmas cards... In fact, it's now almost "too late."  Almost!




Supplies and notes:
  • Century-old sheet music
  • Black vintage seam binding inked with Gold AI mixative, partially affixed with Recollections brads
  • Sentiment written using a Micron 03
  • Snowflake stamp by Tim Holtz, inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black and embossed with black Recollections EP.  After I cut it out, I edged it with my old cat's eye ColorBox Chalk in Blackbird. 
  • Textured panel since a couple weeks ago after seeing THIS tutorial by Autumn.  I did it a little differently: I coated a piece of pre-cut chipboard with Ranger Transparent EP, then just stamped it with a Prima crackle stamp (which I had sprayed with water to keep the gel from getting in my stamp).  nce dry, I painted it with black Liquitex gesso and then rubbed it with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush.  I started to burnish it with a baby wipe, but then the lustre was staying on the raised areas and going in the cracks... abort mission!  Just left it to dry.  
  • Gold thread from my stash
  • Viva Paper Pearls in Anthracite at the corners of the sheet music
I plan to share this with the folks at Inspirational:

2 comments:

  1. How fantastic! I love how much texture you added and the music background is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design! So classy! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete