Sunday, January 7, 2018

Cheesecloth explorations

I tried something new:


I did a paper-mache project with the 6th grade class and as I was researching different paper-mache recipes (and stuck with the old tried-and-true flour and water), I saw a post where the people used that casting material (where the plaster is on the fabric) and it gave me texture ideas...

Supplies:
  • Library catalog card base with cheesecloth laid over with Teresa Collins Modeling paste pasted over top
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Frosty Forest Green and Milk Chocolate Brown
  • Tim's photobooth buddy was coated with Finnibar crackle paste (still not a huge fan...) then I scratched off the flaky Finnabar paste and wiped it with Bundled Sage Distress Paint.   
  • Flowers from my stash
  • A wood chip rose from Michael's (I think) coated with the Finnabar crackle paste and then Prima Artisan Hardware powder in ivory with negligible effects.
  • Stamen by Wilton inked with Distress Alcohol Ink in Meadow
What did I miss? Maybe it was simple, but it looks dramatic.  A fun mixed-media project.

I'd like to share this with the following:

  • Frilly & Funkie: Three is not a crowd... Three of something... I used the last three tiny rust-colored roses in my stash.
  • Alphabet Challenge: U is for use three of something...  I used the last three tiny rust-colored roses in my stash.

3 comments:

  1. Mimi, I really, really love that texture! What a fabulous mixed media tag you've created! I had a few chuckles reading through your description--seems like some of these products have been a bit disappointing to you, but I have to say, I don't know why! Your results in the end are fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous effect Mimi! Those rusty colours have blended well over the cheescloth. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have drooled and drooled over this! You totally wowed me with this stained cheesecloth, my friend! This is incredible and so very inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete