Tuesday, May 8, 2018

SOS: Chanson Papillon (butterfly!)

This week at Shopping Our Stash, Chris is our hostess, and she's chosen a theme for the challenge that is sure to draw a large crowd-- add a butterfly or two... or three... or four...!

I know that butterflies are many people's "thing"-- I do love them and appreciate them as a life form, but they are not necessarily my "thing" like birds or trees... however, when I started digging through my stash, I was surprised to find all kinds of snippets and a few stamps of butterflies! My focal, however, is a stencil:



Supplies:
  • Butterfly stencil by Heidi Swapp 
  • Stencil placed on Strathmore watercolor paper and sprinkled with Color Bursts.  Cut out when dry.
  • Background is also Strathmore watercolor paper.  I used the butterfly mask that came with the stencil and applied Finnabair clear crackle paste around it (not my fave, so I am trying to use it up so I can try the Liquitex brand).   
  • I then sprayed the panel with Dylusions in Pure Sunshine and inked it with Festive Berries DI through an old Heidi Swapp basket weave stencil
  • I used a Signo white pen (that I am babying because it is low) for the border 
  • Sentiment written with white Liquitex gesso
  • Butterfly popped up with 3M dimensional adhesive

...and just in case you are interested in the soothing sounds of 1980...:
See you at Shopping Our Stash!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, fabulous butterfly and an awesome background. (my white Signo pen is full but won't work) Beautiful job with your pen I though it was a diecut with stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! This looks AMAZING!!!! Just stunning! And bonus, you added the song that I got my idea for the challenge from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is a gorgeous butterfly!
    Beautifully done sistah ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I must get some of those Color Bursts, what an amazing color you got here, Mimi!!! your butterfly is gorgeous!!!
    And thank you for this soothing music, perfectly fitted for this challenge.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete